President Obama, George Clooney & Other Celebrities Slam Sony Pictures for Pulling Off the Planned Release of ‘The Interview’

wordpress-527090-1677976.cloudwaysapps.com Blog

President Obama, George Clooney & Other Celebrities Slam Sony Pictures for Pulling Off the Planned Release of ‘The Interview’

Yesterday, we brought you the news that US Officials have concluded that North Korea was behind the Sony Pictures (click here if you missed it). Today, FBI officials released a statement to further confirm the earlier statement. “As a result of our investigation, and in close collaboration with other U.S. government departments and agencies, the FBI now has enough information to conclude that the North Korean government is responsible for these actions,” the statement read.

However, Sony Pictures decided to give in to the cyber terror threats from the Guardians of Peace, the group behind this hacking attack, who were displeased with the way the North Korean leader Kim Jong-un was portrayed by cancelling the planned release of the satirical comedy ‘The Interview‘ in theaters, a decision that has subsequently generated widespread criticisms from celebrities and most recently the President of the United States, Barrack Obama who slammed the Company for acceding to their demands.

In a briefing with Reporters, President Obama said Sony made a mistake by yielding to the hackers’ demands not to release the movie. “We cannot have a society where some dictator someplace can start imposing censorship here in the United States …That’s not who we are.”

PresidentObama

Shortly after the President addressed the media, Chairman of Sony Pictures released a statement insisting that Sony Pictures made no mistake in pulling The Interview despite comments by President Obama earlier on the day regarding this. The CEO further argued “we have not backed down” and said that Sony still has “every desire to have the American public see this movie.” He also confirmed that the company is considering “a number of options”, which may require an intermediary like Netflix or a video-on-demand distributor and none he said, have “stepped forward and said they are willing.”

Furthermore, in an interview with Deadline on Thursday, George Clooney  expressed his opinion regarding how cowardly the Sony Executives handled this matter saying “Here’s the brilliant thing they did, You embarrass them first, so that no one gets on your side. After the Obama joke, no one was going to get on the side of Amy, and so suddenly, everyone ran for the hills.”

187490614JL451_BAFTA_Los_An

Prior to the press briefing by Barrack Obama, several Hollywood celebrities including Ben Stiller, Robe Lowe, Steve Carrel and others had taken Twitter to voice their opinion and show their displeasure regarding Sony’s decision to pull the comedy from theaters.

Stiller_Carrer_Love_tm

Watch President Obama’s comments while addressing the press in the video below:

Below are other Celebrity tweets:

Photo Credit: AP/Getty Images; Chip Somodevilla/Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images;

About Me

Theresa Jordan

Curabitur nec justo sit amet urna convallis viverra. Phasellus auctor id lectus vel tincidunt. Phasellus sed lorem id diam venenatis ullamcorper. Curabitur iaculis risus vitae magna eleifend, at auctor dolor ultricies. Sed rhoncus aliquam turpis, a hendrerit arcu.

Sponsored

Recent Comments
Movie, TV Show, Filmmakers and Film Studio WordPress Theme.

Press Enter / Return to begin your search or hit ESC to close

By signing in, you agree to our terms and conditions and our privacy policy.

New membership are not allowed.

Noxe Studio

The Noxe Film Studio
1418 Noxe Street, Suite 3845
California, USA

Center Office

+(01) 426-9824
hello@gloriathemes.com
12369, New York, USA

All Right Reserved 2020 The Noxe Studio. Powered by Gloria Themes.